We are excited to offer the T.A. Brown scholars a valuable afternoon experience with academic and enrichment classes.
Check out our CATS Club newsletter.
Ms. Kiera Hurst, our CATS Club Site Coordinator and her staff strive to be a resource for our campus in which all students and families can be assisted with academics, physical health, enrichment, college & career readiness.
Each day the CATS Club kids enjoy:
- 30 min of homework assistance
- Austin ISD approved afternoon meal
- 30 min of physical activity
- 1.5 hours of either an academic or enrichment class time.
Our classes are taught by trained staff and teachers. Currently we are offering wonderful programs including:
- All Rhythms – guitar class
- 4-H – STEM and animal studies
- Scouts – a scouting program for boys and girls
- Small Bites – a nutrition and cooking class
- Central Food Bank – a nutrition program
- Game time – strategy and critical thinking games
- And other fun, creative, and educational classes along the way!
- Great Parent & Family Classes & Activities
We also work with Ms. De Alba, the TA Brown Parent Support Specialist to offer classes for parents and family events.
CATS Club is offered in the Fall, Spring, and Summer! Space is limited and registration does not guarantee you child a spot in the program. We target students who have academic and attendance improvement needs. For further information about ACE CATS Club please feel free to contact:
Side by Side Kids