ACE Austin CATS Club
We are excited to offer the T.A. Brown scholars a valuable afternoon experience with academic and enrichment classes.
Ms. Shereen Ben-Moshe, our CATS Club Site Coordinator and her staff strive to be a resource for our campus in which all students and families can be assisted with academics, physical health, enrichment, college & career readiness.
Each day the CATS Club kids enjoy:
30 min of homework assistance
Austin ISD approved afternoon meal
30 min of physical activity
1.5 hours of either an academic or enrichment class time.
Our classes are taught by trained staff and teachers.
Currently we are offering wonderful programs including:
- All Rhythms – guitar class with Mr. Vijay, Mr. Luis & Mr. Ian
- Dance Another World – cheer, dance and language classes with Ms. Ashleigh
- 4-H – STEM and animal studies with Ms. Chelsea & Ms. Hannah
- Crazy 8's - hands-on math investigation class with Mr. Denny
- Scouts – a scouting program for boys and girls led by our troupe leader Ms. Netta
- Austin Bat Cave – a creative writing class with Ms. Jennifer, Miss Jane and Ms. Tyger
- Samurai School – a martial arts class with Coach Britt
- Small Bites – a nutrition and cooking class with Ms. Elda
- Suitcase Storytelling – stories, art activities and writing from around the world is shared by Ms. Tyger
- Central Food Bank – a nutrition program led by Ms. Amy
- Sports with Mr. Denny
- Game time – strategy and critical thinking games led by Mr. Calderon
And other fun, creative, and educational classes along the way!
Great Parent & Family Classes & Activities
We also work with Mrs. Linda Tristan-Perez, the TA Brown Parent Support Specialist to offer classes for parents and family events. Call us to learn about our ongoing classes:
- Tuesday Beginner’s English class at 9:00 AM
- Wednesday Strengthening Families workshops at 8:00 AM
- Common Threads Cooking & Nutrition workshops
CATS Club is offered in the Fall, Spring, and Summer! Space is limited and registration does not guarantee you child a spot in the program. We target students who have academic and attendance improvement needs. For further information about ACE CATS Club please feel free to contact Ms. Shereen Ben-Moshe at 512-841-2053 or email@example.com.
Side by Side
Side by Side Kids (SBSK) is a neighborhood recreational afterschool program in East Austin’s St. Johns community. SBSK provides Austin’s only free faith-based afterschool program (grades K-5) in five AISD schools, including T.A. Brown Elementary. SBSK serves 80 students on Monday through Thursday from 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM. Each day, SBSK students are able to receive a healthy snack or meal, complete their homework, learn positive character traits through daily curriculum time, and build social skills through recreation time. Check out SBSK online and on social media: www.sidebysidekids.org, https://www.facebook.com/sidebysidekids, or https://www.instagram.com/sidebysidekids/
For information on registering students for SBSK, please contact the campus Site Coordinator:
Afterschool Site Coordinator, T.A. Brown Elementary
Side by Side Kids, Inc.